Sunday, September 30, 2012

Pep-Per Rally

Today I witnessed yet another attempt of pep evoking mania by the Active Student Body. Throughout the presentation I could not help but notice a repetition of the same formula used to cook up these pep rallies. The previous two classes did the same music plus games plus candy equals a pep concoction.I don't want to put too much emphasis on this sole pep rally, but it could serve as a precursor of what we can expect of the cabinet of students in charge of our senior activities. Kudos to them because I would not be able to handle such a herculean task. But I digress back to the pep rally.

As I approached the area of max peppiness I could notice a rather desperate cry for seniors to come and participate in the rally from our senior class president. She was courteous enough to give use a explicit countdown to the rally. This of course had the desire affect as a herd of seniors came and congregated near the rally area. There was a game involving hula hoops, but this is pretty much all I can say on the subject because this was about the time the pep didn't captivate me and I left the rally. I want to make it clear that this is not because of the rally itself, but my inability to be pepped or rallied.

However I did return because well I needed some material to write this very intriguing post. As I returned I saw that the people were having a shouting contest over shirts, I wonder what they would do for pants or socks? However our gracious student leaders threw the shirts in the air for everyone to fight for. Funny thing is that a junior ended up getting a shirt, afterwards he was called out for it and swiftly returned it. To finish up the pep rally delicious and mouth pleasing MnMs were given away. So this was an interesting beginning to our senior year, hopefully it keeps in this boisterous attitude. 


0 comments :

Post a Comment