Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Goals For My Senior Year

Well, Senior year is finally here. I honestly can't believe how quickly time has gone by. It almost seems surreal. Anyways, my goals for this year are like everyone Else's, to graduate from High School and get accepted to a top ranked school. I'm not sure what I want to pursue yet but I do know it has to be within the field of science. Therefore, I'm going to have to step it up a notch and have that ambition in order to strive throughout my Senior year ; I want this school year to be memorable for many years to come. I know there are many more obstacles to overcome, but I know that I am capable of overcoming any obstacle that stands in my way. It all depends on how much I want something and how hard I am willing to fight for it. You always need to have a goal and have the ambition to accomplish the goal you are fighting for.

This year will determine my future in the real world, therefore I will have to work even harder if I want to have a bright future ahead of me. I believe you're greatest obstacle is yourself. You need to push yourself and have the confidence to be able to take on any task, whether you succeed or fail. One of my biggest obstacles I had in my Junior year was procrastination. I would always leave stuff until the last minute. It made my life a lot harder. I've learned my lesson that's for sure.

Another goal I'm aiming for is to improve on both my writing skills and my communication skills. I'm really struggling on those two two important skills which are key factors in being successful in life. I really hope writing in the blogs will help me improve those skills. The last goal that I will definitely be looking forward to this year will be to qualify for the Childhood Deferred Action law that President Obama recently passed in order to help students who are illegally and allow them to be here without the fear of being deported back to their origin country. Thanks to this law we will also be able to get a driver's license and will grant us a social security card which will allow us to work legally in the U.S. I mean what more can we want. As an illegal in this country, I need to work a lot harder than others if I ever want to achieve my goals and live a prosperous life.

Well those are all the goals that I can think for right now. I'm sure I'll have more as time progresses.



0 comments :

Post a Comment