Sunday, August 19, 2012

Severus Snape

A True Hero
Snape (from The Harry Potter movies) is made out to be one of the villains in the movies, but he is a hero. Once I saw the first six movies, I was thinking that he is only trying to get back at Harry for what his dad did to him in the past, but it was a complete misunderstanding. He was protecting Harry since he was a baby, when Harry's parents were being targeted by Voldwmort no one wanted to help them, but Snape tried to help. He asked Dumbledore to help them, but he said no as well. Even though Harry's dad bullied Snape and married the girl that Snape loved, he still tried to save him and his wife. 

In one scene in the last movie, Snape was talking to Dumbledore in the past (when Harry was a baby) and Dumbledore said that one day Harry will have to die for the greater good and this infuriated Snape. He said "So your just raising him to be a slaughtered pig." When Snape said that I was thinking that he is the true hero of the whole series because he fights for Harry safety. I have never seen a character like this in any movie and was shocked when I saw Snape's past. I have misjudged him and all the other characters I thought to be heroes.

When I saw Dumbledore save Harry a couple times I thought that he was the Hero, but that was all just an illusion because he planed to kill Harry later on. Harry was even shocked to find out what Snape has done for him his whole life. Snape deserves the title of a True Hero for the things he has done.

2 comments :