Friday, August 17, 2012

Oh School


Today I returned to school; no not for actual learning purposes, but for an orientation. This orientation is some sort of tradition for the school because we do it every year and they say the exact same thing every year. I saw some old faces that I would have preferred to have seen later. I received my I.D.( the picture for it was awesome), had a very ORAL orientation, and received my textbooks. Yes I know very exciting stuff, but I survived. This fun-filled day started with arriving to school and heading straight to the gym.

The purpose for going to the gymnasium was because it was the location in which they were performing the photography necessary for the I.D. cards. The I.D.s are different this time around; for starters they hang in a vertical manner rather than the infamous horizontal way. I really don't have an opinion on this change of style, but the one thing I can say is that these new I.D. reminds me of the I.D. worn by the teachers over the years. The process of taking my picture was fast and efficient so kudos to whoever organized it.

Next came the orientation; oh and what an orientation it was. It felt more like my parents castigating me rather than a school orientation. The women who present the first part of orientation had a very aggressive manner. She was practically screaming at us, it was as if we had done something horrible already; maybe she was anticipating it. I understand fully why this lady* might have developed such a precautionary perception of us. I hope that as a new year begins so will her perceptions and ideas.

*sorry for saying lady rather than the women's name, but I can't recollect her name at the moment..Oh!! and Ms.Gonzales also was part of the orientation and she was nice but who wants to hear about nice things.

The following tier of this back to school extravaganzas was either to get your textbooks or schedule/I.D.. I opted to get my I.D. and schedule first. Now I don't want to say what classes I received; what I will say is that I am okay with my current classes. My I.D. turned out okay as well; this is all I can really say about this topic so lets move on.

The final stage was to go and get your textbooks and well that's exactly what I did, not much I can say about this; the books were heavy. It was a good first day back to the school; I can't wait to when I actually go back.    

      

0 comments :

Post a Comment