Thursday, August 2, 2012

Hi!!!!

Hello and welcome to GrapesAndWaffles, a new blog for MA Firebaugh students and alumni alike. For those that live under a rock and don't know what or where the marvelous Marco Antonio Firebaugh High School is at here is a quick overview. Firebaugh is in a small town(or city i don't know) called Lynwood. It is a fairly adequate and new school that was established in 2005. Something noteworthy about this school is that it is an IB school that kind of dandy huh. Our mascot is a falcon which is alright I guess if you are into falcons(who in their right mind likes falcons).

For those of you that do not know me my name is Oscar Zarate and I am currently a senior at Firebaugh High School. I am an both an AVID and IB certificate student. yeah that's right I am kinda sorta intelligent. I decided to start this blog because well I was experiencing a serious case of writer's block and I needed to start writing my personal statement for the UCs. I started this blog so it could help my writing muscles get some action and help me develop my personal statement in the process.

In this blog there will be many different authors(hopefully!!) not only me. This will give the blog a new dimension and new perceptions that I might not be able to provide. Grammar and punctuation won't be a big deal here. However what I will care about is the usually - let's refrain from insulting people, racism, homophobia, disturbing gifs and ect. No talking about politics, religion, and anything that can spiral out of control. The rules here are simple and fairly flexible. Don't violate copyright laws. Don't say anything that would get you punched in the face in real life, And especially don't DON'T be annoying. I encourage everyone to put some effort into your postings and have fun. yaaaaaaaaay writing :)

2 comments :

  1. There is no doubt in my mind that this young scholar will surpass all obstacles that may stand in his way.

    ReplyDelete