Friday, August 10, 2012

Mexico In The Final

Yaaaaaay!!!! Mexico is in the final!!

The Mexican national football(or soccer what ever you want to call it) team is in the gold medal match against Brazil in this year's summer Olympics in London. Since I am originally from Mexico this event is sort of a big deal. Therefore I have decide to write a short piece about this match. Now I know this blog is about school, but since school hasn't started yet; why not talk about soccer. I mean there is no law against it, so deal with it.

In the beginning of this Olympic tournament I have to admit that I wasn't expecting much out of Mexico; a fourth place finish would have been great with me. However Surprise surprise(sorry for the tautology) Mexico has reached the finals and will leave the Olympics with at least a silver medal. As a Mexican I am as proud as can be of my national team and want Mexico to win the final. As a soccer connoisseur I have to be realistic and see that Brazil are the better team in this final.

Brazil are composed of extraordinary players in both attack and in the middle part of the pitch. Mexico has an adequate defense that could possibly hold off the Brazilian offense. This defensive capability of Mexico all has to do with the Mexican goalkeeper Jose De Jesus Corona. He has had a great performance throughout the tournament and will be coming in strong to the final. However Mexico is not only strong in defense; it also has dynamic attacking options in the form of Giovanni Dos Santos(out of the final due to injury) ,Marco Fabian, and Oribe Peralta.

The Brazilian team is strong all over the field; from attack to defense. However Brazil's one and only weakness might lie between the two goal posts; the goalkeeper. After the starting goalkeeper was injured before the tournament even began, Brazil has had to gamble with the two back-up goalies. Lets just say that it has not been going well for the Selecao. If Mexico can test the Brazilian goalkeeper from early on they could possibly get a good result in the final.

Whatever happens tomorrow; to me the results does not matter. Of course I want Mexico to win, but if they don't I won't be too sad. Mexico have made history by just making it into the final and securing a silver medal. At the end of the day tomorrow I am certain that I will be proud of the Mexican national team and of being a Mexican.    
      

0 comments :

Post a Comment