Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Late Night Thoughts



I have always felt that my life has been nothing short of uneventful. I went day by day thinking that nothing was ever going to change. I felt so small and insignificant. I was only doing what seemed to be expected of me but nothing more in order to avoid problems. And I remember starting high school, it made me feel that feeling with fervid intensity. I remember walking down the halls and feeling invisible. People could see right past me, never giving me a second glance. I was so angry and fussy back then. Ha ha.
Of course, I don’t feel this way anymore. I have long since realized that no one is really putting me down on purpose and that my life isn’t as meaningless as I had once thought. I think that sometimes a big obstacle of ours is only seeing what we have left to do instead of seeing how much we have done. Stepping back and reflecting on what you’ve done can change a lot about your attitude towards things. I wasn’t stepping back to see my accomplishments, no matter how small they were. Sometimes our greatest accomplishment could be getting up from bed one morning. Sometimes our greatest accomplishment is to start the day.
Looking back at this year, I realize a lot of things have happened to me. I’ve earned a scholarship to study under amazing, respected artists who encourage us to pursue our goals. I've talked to important, talented artists who took the time to look at my drawings and demonstrate for us how they work themselves. And I've talked to one of my favorite voice actors from my favorite childhood cartoon because she had recognized some of my fanart. I'm just so grateful and happy that my hard work has brought me so much happiness. And I just can’t say my life is uneventful anymore. I mean, I would have never guessed that any of it would ever happen to me. And what makes me happier is that if it happened to me, then it could certainly happen to someone else. Someone else can have the chance of being just as happy.
Sometimes we should just step back and see how many great things have happened to us. How many obstacles we have overcome. How we have all accomplished something. How the world would have never been exactly the same without you.

0 comments :

Post a Comment