Sunday, November 4, 2012

Spirit Week

 Once again spirits spirit enthralled the very being called the students of Firebaugh High School. This mass of spirit is concentrated into one week which is nicely named spirit week. This is where everyone, as minimal as it might be, shows their falcon spirit. I personally did not participate on the festivities due to my forgetful nature. However that did not stop me from enjoying and vicariously sharing in the spirit of the week.

Now the first day of this pep riddled week was named sports day aimed at letting fellow students, mostly males, to advocate their loyalty to whichever sports team they follow. During that day I saw a whole range of sports jersey. Every region of sport was represented; from basketball to baseball everything was there. The one predominant sport was soccer however. I blame this on the high concentration of Latinos; I mean I wanted to bring my sport jersey too, GO CHELSEA FC!!!

The next day, that I was able to remember, was dedicated to comic book heroes. Due to the fact that a blockbuster movie called "The Avengers" was barely released this year. The overall theme was heroes associated with that exact franchise. Some people even brought costumes, which was rather neat and sort of redundant considering that Halloween was the very next day.

Which leads me right into Halloween; which fell right in the middle of our spirit week. A lot of people came in costumes and all dressed up. There was some good ones and bad ones, but an overall good vibe was had. We even got a Halloween theme cookie for lunch, neato no?

The main day was scrabble day; which gave students a chance to express ridiculous and fun messages through shirts with letters on them. This is usually the most popular day due to the fact that anyone can pick a phrase or word, photograph themselves and their friends representing the word through their shirts and have a rad picture to share on their Twitter or Facebook. I personally liked when the word "seniors" was spelled out, Go Seniors!!

-Pride&Ownership  
 

0 comments :

Post a Comment