Sunday, November 4, 2012

Two Shades Of Homecoming

Homecoming was both a disappoint and an actual treat; why this contradiction you might ask. Well homecoming is split into two events: the football game and the dance. In my opinion, the football game was a disappointment and the dance was a treat (for most of the time). To fully understand my position I think I'll explain why the game was a disappointment first.

The first thing that was really disappointing was that the game was held at the stadium of our arch rivals Lynwood High School. Now I am aware that this was something that is beyond the schools control because our school doesn't have a stadium and is too small to get one. However the feeling of not having this game at our campus still takes hold. Next came a real disappoint; which was that the school our team was suppose to take on did not show up. This resulted in the game being forfeited and that was essentially the end of the night. No not really, but that was the whole purpose of going to this event; to see my school's team play and win. After this misfortune the cheerleaders and drill team performed making something out of a disappointing night. I did not even get a refund!!

Next came the dance; which was really fun and enjoyable. It started off rather slowly however, due to a miscommunication by ASB. However as people arrived and the music started going the event came to life, people started dancing and enjoying themselves; I even broke through my shell and danced with the rest of my friends. However one thing that was not at the standard of the dancing was the food. The food was literally two pieces of bland strips of chicken with a supposed salad on the side. Let me just tell you that I don't like salad at the best of days, but that salad looked like it came straight out the garden; there was an enormous raw mushroom in it.

However in the whole scheme of things; the dance was a great success in my eyes. Hope the next one remains at the same standards.

-Pride&Ownership       

0 comments :

Post a Comment