Sunday, October 21, 2012

Movie Night: The Avengers

 It was the nineteenth of October and I found myself heading to my school at seven o'clock at night to see a movie. The night was of the cloudy sort with a kiss of a chilly breeze; fortunately I had brought my sweater. The scene was just right for a classic outdoor screening for a horror flick. However the movie shown today was The Avengers. It didn't take long for me to arrive at the school that would serve as a movie theater for the night. The admission price was a very affordable one dollar; you received a complementary button of your choice for the purchase. I had arrived a couple minutes early, so I took the liberty to explore the establishment prior to the movie showing.

There was a total of three booths, two of which sold refreshments and one that sold buttons. The button booth was of no interest to me, so to no surprise I headed to refreshment stand first. I first went the booth that sold only two items: cookies and bagged cheesy popcorn. What really astonished me and made me seriously concerned for the well-being of my wallet that night were the prices. Two dollars for popcorn! Enough said. This idea of overpriced food made my hunger dissipate at an alarming rate. However I did purchase some coffee and pizza at an understandable total of 3.75$.

It did not take long for the night to get going and the movie began without a hitch. Now I had seen the movie prior, so watching the movie was a redundant exercise. However the reason I went to this school event was not for the cinema, but for the social experience. I speculate that most of the other alumni there were present for the same motives. I had a splendid time watching the movie with my friends; adding on to the experience as a whole.

I can say with full confidence that the whole event was an enjoyable one. The music and jubilant atmosphere were a forecast of the great night ahead. The movie was great and the setup was perfect to get the most out of the experience. I heard that another Movie Night was being planned; I can't wait for it.       
 

0 comments :

Post a Comment