Sunday, October 7, 2012

College Applications

 
     "I can't wait till I start applying to college", that's how I used to think when I was about 12 years old, but now I wish that I never had to apply. Now that the time has come and college application are open, I am stressing out over how to get certain information. I'm thinking how am I suppose to get in my SAT scores if I already put in my scores in the application, why would it ask for the same information twice. I kept hearing form previous seniors "I'm busy with college applications", but they never told me how stressful it is to fill out the application. I didn't know half of the things they were asking for, I either had to talk to my parents or talk to my teacher to get some help.
 

     Once you finish one of the applications and you are reviewing it, you will notice some of the minor things that you may have missed or a mistake you may have made. I have asked two people to review my application and both times they were checked there was always a minor mistake that I made. Every time that I think I'm done, there is always something more that I have to add. After you finish reviewing the application and you think you are done, once you put submit it will ask for your SAT and ACT scores saying that it doesn't have your scores even though you put in your scores in the application. When I saw that I was thinking "REALLY!?", I was annoyed to say the least.
 
     It is a good thing that the applications barely opened and that I have about two months to fill it out, but I know that if I don't turn it in quickly my major might be full in the college/university I want to apply to. That just adds to the stress of filling out the application, knowing that you are competing with thousands of other students and they could have already turned it in and you are just starting. When you are done with the application, you will think "Did fill it out as accurately as possible?". I wish I could just go back to the times of when I wished to apply to college. Oh how I missed those carefree days. 

0 comments :

Post a Comment